Melba Copland Secondary School
Melba Copland Secondary School (MCSS) is a dual campus secondary school situated in the West Belconnen region of Canberra, the capital of Australia. It is the only government school in the Canberra region providing secondary education for all students from years 7 to 12. MCSS provides a rich education for 21st century learners in a context of Excellence, Integrity and Harmony.
Latest Happenings at Melba Copland Secondary School
Posted on 17 Aug 2021
ACT SCALING TEST (AST) 2021
The ACT Scaling Test (AST) was scheduled for Tuesday 31 August and Wednesday 1 September 2021.
As the ACT is in lockdown, the AST has been postponed until Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 October 2021.
The Board acknowledges that this can be a stressful time for students and families.
The Board is committed to the health and well-being of students and to processes that support the validity of academic results.
All plans and arrangements for the AST will be subject to the public health directions and advice at the time.
As principal, I also acknowledge that this is a stressful time. We encourage students to continue to undertake test practice when time allows and to contact Graeme Cook (Graeme.email@example.com) if they would like further support. In the meantime, stay safe and well and keep in touch!
School Sport ACT Announcement
Posted on 17 Aug 2021
- All SSACT events scheduled to take place up until the 2 September will not be conducted on the dates currently displayed on the calendar of events – this includes; all four Primary and two Secondary Region Track and Field Carnivals, all Secondary Netball events and the Secondary Football Finals.
- With no qualifying Regional Track and Field events, the ACT 12&U Track and Field Champs (Tues 7 Sept) and ACT 13 and over Track and Field Champs (Tues 14 Sept) will also not take place as originally scheduled.
- If permitted, the three Primary Football events scheduled for the end of Week 9 and mid-Week 10 may still proceed.
- If permitted with ACT Health COVID Exemptions approved (as they have between 500 and 1500 attendees) and alternate dates found with the AIS and Woden Park, the Regional and ACT Track and Field events will be rescheduled for late Term 3 and the beginning of Term 4.
- Priority will be given to completing the Secondary Football Finals as the Regional qualifying events have been conducted, over the yet to commence Secondary Netball competition. If permitted, Secondary event dates will be postponed to within the first four weeks of Term 4.
- Whilst SSACT continues to plan events, whether they can take place is dependent on ACT Health advice and restrictions imposed by the ACT Government, we must all be prepared for the outcome of no School Sport events for the remainder of the school year.
As you can understand, this space is ever evolving and many plans have to be kept fluid, School Sport ACT will keep you informed as to what might or might not be possible as it comes to hand with the aim of allowing school’s time to prepare should events be permitted late term 3 / early term 4.