Study Support at MCSS
MCSS supports all students to learn to their full potential. We deliver high quality educational outcomes for all, including students with Learning Difficulties. Our intention is shown by the various support systems we have in place. We provide developmentally appropriate educational opportunities through differentiation, grouping, support and one to one learning experiences in an engaging environment.
Support measures include:
- Response to Intervention - a multi-level instructional framework aimed at improving outcomes for all students
- Numeracy support - can be provided by withdrawing individual students for one-to-one support.
- English as a Learning Dialect (EaLD) - support for assignment tasks in addition to English tutorial support.
- International Paying Students (IPS) - IPS students are provided with support for assignment tasks in addition to English tutorial support.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI) - ATSI students meet once per week on a Wednesday with AIME (Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience), in addition to English tutorial support. See Indigenous Program
- Homework Centre/The Hour - are after hours support programs run by teachers. All students can attend these programs to receive additional support for classwork, homework and assignments. The Homework Centre runs on a Wednesday afternoon from 3-4pm at the High School Library. The Hour runs on a Tuesday afternoon from 2:00-4:30pm in the College Maths area.