College Program for Year 10
The College Program is an opportunity for Year 10 students to undertake College units in Year 10. This unit may be credited towards their Senior Secondary Certificate.
This opportunity will allow students to:
- increase the depth of their program
- increase motivation for their Year 10 studies
- open further pathways to employment by commencing work towards their Senior Secondary Certificate earlier
- complete vocational competencies by undertaking VET courses not available to them in their Year 10 environment
- complete courses not available at high school
- try a course to see if they wish to study it further when they start Year 11.
Students may study all course types including Vocational Courses and T (Tertiary) courses. Students will be awarded grades and scores. These units will counts towards the Senior Secondary Certificate units and course requirements. Scores are not used in calculation of the course scores.