The MCSS College Campus provides for students to complete the ACT Senior Secondary Certificate, the International Baccalaureate Diploma and Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses which deliver nationally recognised qualifications.
The academic rigour of our curriculum is demonstrated by the high standards achieved by our students.
A detailed guide to college courses is available here
Please discuss which courses are right for you with a member of our Student Service Team.
Students at Melba Copland Secondary School study courses accredited by the ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (BSSS). Students may be issued the following qualifications and statements.
- ACT Senior Secondary Certificate and Record of Achievement
- Tertiary Entrance Statement
- Statement of Achievement
- VET Certificates and Statements of Attainment
Further information about these qualifications can be found on the BSSS website - ACT Qualifications
As a result of the Review of Certification in 2014, there are significant changes in the naming of credentials in 2015.
- A testamur named the "Australian Capital Territory Senior Secondary Certificate" will be introduced and will sit side by side with;
- A record of results named the "Australian Capital Territory Senior Secondary Record of Achievement" (previously called the ACT Year 12 Certificate)
- The name of the Tertiary Entrance Statement will remain unchanged.
- A record of results named the "Australian Capital Territory Statement of Achievement" (previously called the Australian Capital Territory Secondary College Record") will be issued to students who do not qualify for a certificate.
College Course Guide - Please note the College Course Guide is in need of updating and as we speak this is in the process of being done